cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Report

Tomm_Olson
Level 3

My customer wants a daily report generated from the Backup Set -> Contents view.  They want to see what files were backed up on a Backup set for future reference longer than the expiration of the Backup Set time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The easiest way to know what files are being backed up is to change the reporting level for the job log.  Click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings and then set the setting 

BE 2012 - job log.png

Note that with this setting, all the joblogs for ALL jobs will be quite big.  Make sure you have sufficient space on your C: drive to accommodate the joblogs.

By default joblogs are kept for 30 days. To extend the retention period of the joblogs, click on Database Maintenance and change the joblog retention setting accordingly.

BE 2012 - BEDB maintenance.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if that is the report you want, enable it and then schedule it to run at a specific time. This can be mailed to the backup admin.

Thanks!

Tomm_Olson
Level 3

Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I cannot find a report in Report Group or a Custom Report option that generates that kind of report. I may be missing it somewhere.

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

in the Backup Exec 2012 Administrators Guide on page598 and 599 there is a description of a Media Set report that can be filtered by date that the data is backed up.  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5211

also to filter the report by time ranges see page 563 

is this what you are looking for?

Tomm_Olson
Level 3

Imosla,

Thank you for getting back to me.  No this does not give me the report I am looking for.  BE2012 If you click a Server then click on Backup Set it allows you to select a Backup source and drill down to view the files that were backed up on that job.  My customer want a report that they can save and refer back to if a file becomes lost to see when the last backup of that file occured.  My customer is backup the servers to a NAS then backing up the entire NAS to a tape drive for long term storage.  They want a way to find backed up files without loaded each tape to search it.  

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The easiest way to know what files are being backed up is to change the reporting level for the job log.  Click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings and then set the setting 

BE 2012 - job log.png

Note that with this setting, all the joblogs for ALL jobs will be quite big.  Make sure you have sufficient space on your C: drive to accommodate the joblogs.

By default joblogs are kept for 30 days. To extend the retention period of the joblogs, click on Database Maintenance and change the joblog retention setting accordingly.

BE 2012 - BEDB maintenance.png