cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued Support for BE 2010

Scott_Baker
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Some users have asked about continued support for BE 2010 including feature enhancements and product updates.  Backup Exec 2010 is still available through distribution and will be available for purchase until 03.13.  The last date for patch releases is scheduled to be 09.05.14.  Telephone technical support will be available until 02.01.17

For Release Detail information on current and prior versions, go to
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=releasedetails&key=15047

26 REPLIES 26

jrudacille
Level 3

I would be interested, as well, to hear if there has been any info released as to BE2010R3 supporting Windows 2012.  Normally I would assume not but with the plethora of users not doing the upgrade I was hoping it Symantec would offer the support. 

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please check this technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196108 : Backup Exec Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

Thanks,,

-Sush...

jrudacille
Level 3

Thank you for the tech note though it does not really eliminate 2010R3 supporting Windows 2012...if you read between the lines it suggests it won't be supported but I find that surprising considering the majority of BE installations I have spoken too are waiting out upgrading to 2012 for now.  Tough situation....

jerrys79
Level 4
This tech note mentions feature enhancements and product updates for BE 2010. Tech note 196108, doesn't clearly state, but does imply, that support for Windows Server 2012 won't be added to BE 2010. Adding this support would help many customers who have yet to upgrade and would prevent some users from switching to another vendor. It just makes sense to add it unless of course all the developers are too busy working on rewriting the mess known as BE 2012.

Bulbous
Level 5
Partner

Also note that (according to the Tech Note) Windows Server 2012 will not be fully supported by BE 2012. There will be BE 2012 remote agents for Windows Server 2012, but it will not be supported as a media server.

Very similar to Windows Server 2008 R2 with Backup Exec 12.5.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...that would be ironic...BE 2012 not supporting Windows Server 2012!

Maybe in R2!

jrudacille
Level 3

I took the Windows 2012 info as suggestive of them bringing the support in after the official release of Windows 2012 vs. it not being fully supported as a media server.  IF that were true it would be a big LOL.  It brings images of a Symantec commercial starting off with 'To the cloud...."