cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting to VM - Failed to extract files from an iso image

MMatthes
Level 2

Hi All,

I am running Backup Exec 2012 on a physical server running 2008 R2 x64, backing up to local HDD Storage.

Following a full backup of my servers I have another job which converts my server backups to VMs. My virtual host is ESXi v5 and I have the VM tools (ISO) stored locally on my backup server which I have pointed to when setting up the job.

The full backup job completes successfully with exceptions as per the below:

Backup- \\SERVER.domain.co.uk\System?State
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\afstorhba.sys is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\umdf\afstorhbatramp.dll is not present on the...

Following this the convertion to Virtual runs and fails with the following:

Job ended: 06 March 2012 at 19:00:16
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000a434 - Failed to extract files from an iso image.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-42036

I don't know where I am going wrong  and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your help.

MM

2 REPLIES 2

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you seen this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH126412

Cause

The problem occurs if registry entries point to a file that is no longer on the system, normally after a program has been uninstalled. This exception has been reported on an assortment of files and on most supported versions of the Windows operating system.

MMatthes
Level 2

ZeRoCOOL,

Thanks for your post.

My main concern however is that the virtual machine creating job fails with the error below:

Job ended: 06 March 2012 at 19:00:16
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000a434 - Failed to extract files from an iso image.
Final error category: Resource Errors

I don't know if this is due to the full job finishing with exceptions or that there is a problem with the VMware Tools ISO I point the VM creation job too??