Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct DLO license works only with 5 users

Fasawe
Level 3
Partner

My customer asked me for help.

Product name: Symantec BackupExec 2010 R2

Their DLO with 20 desktops license works only with 5 users.

I found document for this issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58410

After this I try reinstall DLO with correct license without "5 free users". It did not help.

Today I upgrade Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 up to version 2010 R3 SP2 (installed using the Local Administrator account).

Everything works except DLO. DLO with license for 20 users can backup only 5 users.

Serial Number for DLO: M6942366649

Please help me! My ideas have already ended. :\ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fasawe
Level 3
Partner

I resolved this issue and found some bugs in BackupExec.

I synchronize time on BackupExec with domain controller and desktops time with BackupExec, after these actions I restart all services on BackupExec and system activate DLO license correctly.

But I found bug. If I schedule the backup less than 5 minutes ahead, policy does not always work, if >5 minutes - work always normally.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you removed the license and re-added it? If not, try that, and then check again.

Thanks!

Fasawe
Level 3
Partner

Yes, I removed license and re-added it with version 2010 R2. Did not help.

After this I upgrade Backup Exec to 2010 R3 SP2 version and reinstall all desktop agents on desktops.

The problem is not resolved.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This serial # shows a qty of only 10 DLO licenses @ my end..Would you pls confirm with the licensing dept regarding the correct serial #

Fasawe
Level 3
Partner

For this serial # 2 packs with 10 DLO licenses. Totally 20 DLO licenses.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the error you receive when you try to backup other clients ?

Fasawe
Level 3
Partner

I resolved this issue and found some bugs in BackupExec.

I synchronize time on BackupExec with domain controller and desktops time with BackupExec, after these actions I restart all services on BackupExec and system activate DLO license correctly.

But I found bug. If I schedule the backup less than 5 minutes ahead, policy does not always work, if >5 minutes - work always normally.