cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not completely protect remote computers because the Backup Exec Remote Agent was not installed

pts242
Level 4

In my BACKUP EXEC server I am running a backup job backing up data from my Netgear ReadyNAS 2120. Below is the warning message I am getting after job completion.

"

Backups finish with exceptions (Could not completely protect remote computers because the Backup Exec Remote Agent was not installed.)

A snapshot operation required by this job was unsuccessful. Check the job log and the Windows Event Viewer for additional information.

"

Dear Symantec team please help me to sort out this...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This error messages are expected. You would have to live with these error messages

View solution in original post

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This message is expected since there isn't any remote agent actually installed on the NAS. Also, would recommend disabling AOFO (if enabled) for the shares backup.

An alternative backup method which would get rid of these messages would be if the NAS is capable of iSCSI. If it is, then you can present the iSCSI LUNs to the BE media server and then backup the shares.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This error messages are expected. You would have to live with these error messages

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This message is expected since there isn't any remote agent actually installed on the NAS. Also, would recommend disabling AOFO (if enabled) for the shares backup.

An alternative backup method which would get rid of these messages would be if the NAS is capable of iSCSI. If it is, then you can present the iSCSI LUNs to the BE media server and then backup the shares.