cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create backup jobs full, incremental an a full set twice a year

RuneO
Level 2

In BE 2010R3 i have incremental and full for every backup hob created. In adittion I have a job that runs twice a year to pick one set to keep for long term.

So what I have in 2010R3 is three jobs Full Servername, Incremental Servername and Year Servername.

I'm planning on installing BE 15, but can't seem to find the same option. i tried to migrate current 2010R3 to BE 15, and the jobs were all put together pr server and I had to run Year first, in order to get Full or Incremental to run. I know that incremental demands fullbackup in order to run.

Anyone have any ideas to solve this? Is it possible to create an "extra backup" twice a year on the same selection that already is running FULL and INCREMENTAL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes. It is possible. When you create a scheduled backup job you will automatically get a full backup and an incremental backup. You just need to add another job to this and specify that you want a full backup and give it a yearly schedule. Make sure that you set it to start at exactly the same time as the full backup so that it will supersede the full backup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes. It is possible. When you create a scheduled backup job you will automatically get a full backup and an incremental backup. You just need to add another job to this and specify that you want a full backup and give it a yearly schedule. Make sure that you set it to start at exactly the same time as the full backup so that it will supersede the full backup.

RuneO
Level 2

Thank You very much. Appreciated the answer. I will give my upgrade a try. I think I will delete the Year-jobs before upgrading and then add them after upgrade.