cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating/Segmenting Multiple Backups using Backup to Disk to a Sinlge USB HDD

dporter
Level 2
I am tyring to set up a backup job that will write daily backups to a USB HDD (dedicated to backups) and then write them all off to a blu ray DVD on a weekly basis. How do I segment the daily backups into seperate folders on the HDD so I can manage them better? Right now I am using BE 10.d - but we should be moving soon to a newer version.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

You can do this via a policy, or individual jobs.
I would suggest creating individual B2D folders, assuming you have enough space, and assuming this is what you mean by segmenting your backups. Once done, you can then target your jobs to these specific folders, and simply run a job to stream off to the Blu-Ray recorder once done (check that it is supported in the HCL of whichever version you wnt to move to).

Laters!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Hi there,

You can do this via a policy, or individual jobs.
I would suggest creating individual B2D folders, assuming you have enough space, and assuming this is what you mean by segmenting your backups. Once done, you can then target your jobs to these specific folders, and simply run a job to stream off to the Blu-Ray recorder once done (check that it is supported in the HCL of whichever version you wnt to move to).

Laters!

CraigV
Hi,

Have you come right here? If so, could you please close off with the solution?

Thanks!

dporter
Level 2

Solved