cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a backup job

AIRay
Level 4

Hi again everyone,

I was having issues with my media server and i believe to have most of it fixed but i want to create a new selection list and a new backup job policy that runs automatically as it was doing before. I did not setup the previous server.

So far i have gone to File > New > Backup Selection List and selected everyhting i need backed up.

My question is.. now what.. ?? Do i create a new policy and associate the list with the policy or do i create a new backup job and associate the list with this new job?

thanks for the help as always!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Either ways. You can create a new job (manually or using the new job wizard) and then specify your selection list OR you can create a new policy first and then create a new job specifying the policy and the selection list.

There are multiple ways to create a new backup job and it depends upon your convenience, settings etc.

1) Create a backup job and choose the settings, selections while creating the backup job itself.

2) Create a selection list and then create a new backup job using this selection list. Settings will have to be specified.

3) Create a selection list. Create a policy. Create a backup job using the previously created policy and the selection list.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB

Refer to https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO22927.html

VJware
Level 6

Either ways. You can create a new job (manually or using the new job wizard) and then specify your selection list OR you can create a new policy first and then create a new job specifying the policy and the selection list.

There are multiple ways to create a new backup job and it depends upon your convenience, settings etc.

1) Create a backup job and choose the settings, selections while creating the backup job itself.

2) Create a selection list and then create a new backup job using this selection list. Settings will have to be specified.

3) Create a selection list. Create a policy. Create a backup job using the previously created policy and the selection list.

AIRay
Level 4

Thanks again for all the help. This forum has been a life saver for me multiple times and i learn alot in the process.

thanks for the help as always!!