Highlighted

Creating a backup job

Hi again everyone,

I was having issues with my media server and i believe to have most of it fixed but i want to create a new selection list and a new backup job policy that runs automatically as it was doing before. I did not setup the previous server.

So far i have gone to File > New > Backup Selection List and selected everyhting i need backed up.

My question is.. now what.. ?? Do i create a new policy and associate the list with the policy or do i create a new backup job and associate the list with this new job?

thanks for the help as always!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Either ways. You can create a

Either ways. You can create a new job (manually or using the new job wizard) and then specify your selection list OR you can create a new policy first and then create a new job specifying the policy and the selection list.

There are multiple ways to create a new backup job and it depends upon your convenience, settings etc.

1) Create a backup job and choose the settings, selections while creating the backup job itself.

2) Create a selection list and then create a new backup job using this selection list. Settings will have to be specified.

3) Create a selection list. Create a policy. Create a backup job using the previously created policy and the selection list.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Refer

Refer to https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO22927.html

Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Either ways. You can create a

Either ways. You can create a new job (manually or using the new job wizard) and then specify your selection list OR you can create a new policy first and then create a new job specifying the policy and the selection list.

There are multiple ways to create a new backup job and it depends upon your convenience, settings etc.

1) Create a backup job and choose the settings, selections while creating the backup job itself.

2) Create a selection list and then create a new backup job using this selection list. Settings will have to be specified.

3) Create a selection list. Create a policy. Create a backup job using the previously created policy and the selection list.

View solution in original post

Thanks again for all the

Thanks again for all the help. This forum has been a life saver for me multiple times and i learn alot in the process.

thanks for the help as always!!