cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credential test failing

Stephen_Keating
Level 4

Hello

I have just setup Backup Exec 2014 on a Windows 2008 Standard server, backing up an Exchange 2010 server. I was not getting a notification that the backup job was either complete or failing, just no notification at all. I researched this and found that I needed to change the login account, which I did. when I run the Test credentials though, although most test pass, the test against the mailbox databases fails, with "Test Failed, Test Recommended." What do I need to do to make this work? The login account has domain admin rights and is a member of the Exchange Mail Admins.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Stephen,

Make sure you have the BE service account set up with the rights as per the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH36718

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

Hi Stephen,

Make sure you have the BE service account set up with the rights as per the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH36718

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The login account needs an active mailbox that is NOT hidden from the GAL as well.

Stephen_Keating
Level 4

Many thanks. It's working now and passing the test. The login account does have an active mailbox, not hidden from the GAL. If I still do not get email notifications, and I have checked to make sure the account to receive them is in the Alert Notifications list and checked in the job itself, and there is no blocking firewall in between the servers, what else need I check to make sure the email will be sent?

CraigV

...that the SMTP port is open, and that you have entered the correct details in for the Exchange server.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I did mean to mention that the credentials for backup are nothing to do with the alert settings, however as Craig V has stated you have to put in the ip address or DNS/FQDN name and if not allowing anonymous, SMTP login details to send e-mail alerts (in a different area of teh Backup Exec console.)