cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer assesments for Backup Exec 2012

Willie_SA
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I need to do customer assesments on current BE customers and potensial new BE customers.

My idea is to ask the customer permission to run some BE commands or BE utilities and from that derive a summary of his curent backup enviromment. Using this as guideline to introduce BE or new BE features.

Are there any such commands or tools available for Symantec partners to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if there is nothing in the command line, there would be something in the Reports section that the customer can run. Numerous reports give insight into what a backup environment looks like.

Check the section on this in the relevant Admin Guide.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi Willie,

Check the link below for information on the BE 2012 command line utility. There might be something of interest there for you:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5438

Thanks!

Willie_SA
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have gone to this link BUT cannot really find tools, utilities or commands that will help me accessing a specific environment, or am I missing something. Do you have any keywords of related information I can look for?

CraigV

...if there is nothing in the command line, there would be something in the Reports section that the customer can run. Numerous reports give insight into what a backup environment looks like.

Check the section on this in the relevant Admin Guide.

Thanks!