cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAG backup Failure

Krishna_chandra
Level 3

We recently upgarded to Backup Exec 2014. The backup job was running fine till last week. From last weekend, it has been showing the error as

V-79-57344-65233 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "\\LWIDAG.water.int\Microsoft Information Store\MailboxDatabase01". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot technology error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status. See the job log for details about the error.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Writer Name: Exchange Server, Writer ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Waiting for backup complete notification (5).

Backup- \\LWIDAG.water.int\Microsoft Information Store\MailboxDatabase02V-79-57344-65247 - A failure occurred reading an object.

BackupV-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes.

I checked with VSS writers. All the writers seems to be stable. I dont see any issue with the writers there. What should be checking next regarding this issue. cos the only solution i see on the article here on Symantec for this error states as to check with VSS writers. Please help me with this.

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
On the Exchange server, disable and then enable the Shadow copy component