cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Agent will not install - see details

Brett_Walters
Level 3
Recently upgraded to 10.0 5520 and 10.0 5520 SP1. Since then, I cannot run the DLOAgent Setup.exe from a laptop (Windows XP SP2). This laptop previously had the DLOAgent installed and was working. When I tried to run the Setup after upgrading the BE server to 10.0 5520 SP1, the setup flashes for a split second (I cannot see what it says as it is too fast), but does not launch the installed. I uninstalled the DLOAgent and removed all of the files pertaining to it, then rebooted and tried to install it again. Same thing. This happens from the LAN, and WAN via VPN. Can the DLOAgent share be deleted and extracted all over again, or is this another known issue? I'd very much like to get my laptop back under DLO as soon as possible.

I've tried looking through the BE server to see if there were any logs or errors being generated, but I do not see any. Any help would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Brett_Walters
Level 3
Well, since this has garnered no response...I installed 10.d and SP1 fo 10.d after deleting the DLOAgent share. It recreated the share, populated it, and the installed now runs and puts the agent on my laptop...but then just sits there saying Connecting To Media Server forever.

The media server it is referring to is fine, by all accounts. No errors, backup jobs are running normally, the DLO portion shows the correct settings and profiles/users/computers...but the agent is never able to connect to the server.

What gives? Did I miss some hidden trick to actually making this work?

Brett_Walters
Level 3
I guess no one at Veritas/Symantec knows, either, huh? Somehow, this is not surprising.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello Brett,

Please refer to the following document for more information:

How to install the Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option desktop agent

http://support.veritas.com/docs/264952

Hope this helps !

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bruce_Musgrove
Level 3
I just updated 10.5484 to SP3 and I am having the same problem with new installs and on DLO upgrades.

I am (again) disappointed in the stock answer supplied by veritas. We know how to install it. If you read the original post it plainly states what he did (ran setup.exe from the DLO share) and what it did (flickered very briefly)

Veritas support's answer is a link to how to install DLO.

Wake up. We know how to install it, but it now will not install after applying your updates. We need troubleshooting assistance, not how to manuals.

Bruce_Musgrove
Level 3
http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?forumID=103&threadID=58595

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Mr Brett Could you please Update us on the issue

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.