cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO BE 11 = DLO BE10???

Raf_De_Coster
Level 2
currently I'm running BE10 with DLO. At first I did not have so many users but now I have a lot of users. Users come and go, computers come and go. I noticed there is a lot of space taken on the DLO share that actually is inactive. The computer does not exists any more or the user has left the company.
When searching for solotions for this I ran in to the DLO v 6.0 from netbackup. I noticed I have DLO v2.0 at the moment. with dlo v6.0 you have a commandline option -inactiveaccounts where you can locate and delete these inactive accounts.
Now I can't seem to find a higher version of DLO than 2.0 for BE10, is this right? will I get the capabilities I desire when upgrading to BE 11?
Or is there another way to get what I want (I want it automated not manually searching and deleting), that is clean out the inactive accounts?
any help is most appreciated.
thanks in advance!
Raf
3 REPLIES 3

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
BE DLO 11 does have the -inactiveaccounts option for the dlocommandu CLI. Complete syntax usage is found on page number 1153 of the BE Admin Guide.

Here is a direct link to the guide.
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/285233.pdf

Raf_De_Coster
Level 2
So if I get this right I need to upgrade to BE 11 and then buy BE 11 DLO.
Or can I run the DLO 11 without upgrading my BE 10 installation?

thanks for your response!
Best regards,
Raf

Brock_Smith_2
Not applicable
You will have to upgrade BE and DLO to 11d. You can not install the 11d version of DLO in a 10d environment.