cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Database Log path configuration

infosistema
Not applicable
Hi,

We have Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers installed on one server and its databases, BE and BEDLO databases in a SQL Server installation on another server.
Recently we changed, for both databases, the Data File (.MDF) location and the Log File (.LDF) location within the same server.

To make Symantec BE aware of this change, we made the necessary updates on the BE DATABASE, changing the following registry keys:
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\BEDatabase\Server Database Path
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\BEDatabase\Server Database Log Path

When we tried to make the same changes to the BE_DLO database, we found no entry for the log location, so we changed only the data path:
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\DLO\3.0\AdminService\Data Path

When we tried to start the Backup Exec DLO Administration Service, we got an error "Failed to recover database". Looking at the logs, we found that the service was expecting to find the BE_DLO_log.LDF file in the same path as the MDF file, which is understandable since we didn´t specify that change in registry.

So the question is: how can we specify the BE_DLO Database Log File location since it is now different from the Data File location? Is there a registry entry we can add? (we tried Log Path but it didn´t work)

Any help will be appreciated,

Alexandre

0 REPLIES 0