cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Disk Space Issue

Dennis_Frank
Level 2
We're running BackupExec 10d on a Windows 2003 server and using DLO 133B40A. One of the users is having a problem where DLO is taking up way more space on the drive than it thinks it is and is giving low disk space errors. The size of the backup is approx 7Gb and the size on the users' hard drive is closer to 30 Gb, any ideas on why this is happening, the agent is configured to use 50% of the available disk space max through the user profile.
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Where is the Local User data folder kept? What is the maximun size for that? DLO requires an individual User Data Folder on the network for each desktop user. Check if the Network user data folder is running out of disk space?

For more info on this, refer to the chapter on dlo on page 1121 in the admin guide. Here is the link for download:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279401

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Regards.

Dennis_Frank
Level 2
The Local User data folder is kept on our main server with a maximum size of 30% of the drive it is located on and is at about 10% of the drive's capacity, though the drive is running a little low on space. However, I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been, the issue I'm having is not with the network storage location, but rather with the user's local backup; we have it set up for the local backup to only store one revision of files and have the local drive space limited. From the DLO console, it shows a local storage use of ~6Gb, however, when we pull up the folder and total it's use, it's more like 30Gb and is basically taking up any available storage left on the drive.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Did you refer chapter on dlo on page 1121 in the admin guide. Here is the link for download:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279401

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.