cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Installation Failed with 1603

create_share
Level 6

I am getting Error 1603 while trying to repair DLO Version 13.0 Component Version 3.1.0 Build Number DLO 342B44a. If i remove it manually and reinstall then the installation is successful but i have 100 computers and it is not possible to remove them manually and reinstall them. Is there a solution?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I am getting Error 1603 while trying to repair DLO

I am confused.  Your title says during installation.  Did the error occur while installing or repairing DLO?  How many clients have this error and what OS'es are they running?

create_share
Level 6

While reinstallation from Backup Exec 2010 Server (Push Install) over the same version which is already installed. All the clients with already installed DLO Agent are giving this error. Winxp and Win-7.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am a bit slow on Mondays, but why are you re-installing the same version of DLO.

create_share
Level 6
I moved DLO Storage Location and after that data was not being backed up on the new location. I reinstalled DLO Agent on some of the computers and backup started working. That's why i need to reinstall.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It could be that your error is due to the fact that you are trying to install the same version of DLO without uninstalling it first.

In this case, perhaps you should be using the commands given in the last answer of this discussion

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/move-dlo-data

to change your DLO location, rather than re-installing the DLO agent.

create_share
Level 6

Most of the users are connected now but some of them are still not being backed up. What is the proper way to reconnect a DLO user to BE Server?

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If they are a small minority, maybe you can try to uninstall and re-install the DLO agent.

create_share
Level 6
i did that but still they are not being backed up. What is the proper way to reconnect a computer to BE Server? I have some computers that are not connecting even after reinstalling DLO Agent on them.

Thanks!