cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Maximum number of client

Michael_H_2
Level 3
DLO documentation states not to go above 400 clients on a single dlo server due to paged pool memory. We have a site with quite a bit more than 400 users and am concerned this will be a problem. does anyone have experience with more than 400 users on a single dlo server?
2 REPLIES 2

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

As mentioned in the admin manual multi-client testing of DLO has found that when there are morethan 400 clients attached to a DLO server running Windows 2000 Advanced Server, file operations may begin to fail when Paged Pool memory runs out.
For this reason, it is not recommended to configure DLO to run more than 400 concurrent backups of this size.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Michael_H_2
Level 3
Thanks for quoting exactly what is stated in the admin manual that I got the question from in the first place. To restate my question again; does anyone have any experience with more that 400 users? If you have more than 400, do you have multiple DLO server or were you able to get more than 400 users on one server? From what I understand there are ways to increase the Paged Pool memory, will this work to help resolve this issue?