cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO - Moving User Problem

Steve_Hutchison
Level 3
I have a situation where I am unable to move a number of users from one network data folder to another.

The problem is that the original storage server has died, and thefore when I try to change the user the following is displayed.

Error checking permission for 'xxx\yyyyyyy.

Message: cannot read data from inside the folder "\\serverx\Serverx\xxx-yyyyyy': the network name cannot be found.

failed to move user backup files.

I have tried the following but without sucess.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263635.htm
4 REPLIES 4

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

you can try following steps:
-- crete a new BE server in new domain.
-- Create trust betwen the two domains.
-- Move the NUDF to new server and rename the folder name manually for each user to reflect new domain name in them.

If our understanding regarding your issue is incorrect please elaborate.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Steve_Hutchison
Level 3
Thanks for the reply but the BE server is still the original one, it is only the storage location that has changed.

I do have another server which also runs BE so it could be possible to migrate the users.

I will reboot the server over the weekend and see if that resolves the issue before progressing other avenues

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello

- Could you update us on the issue.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Steve_Hutchison
Level 3
Sorry for not updating this post

upon rebooting the server it was then possible to delete the users and recreate them assiging the correct storage ocation