cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Option in BE 2010

J_Ziegler
Level 3

I've been running BE2010 for about 2 months on Win2003 Server. Backup Exec indicates that I have a 5 user license for DLO, so I decided to install it this afternoon, and ran into nothing but problems:

On the first install, the DLO Admin Service would not start. There were 4 errors in the Event Log:

1. FileMgr::StartLogFiles: Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.) occurred while creating or opening file 'D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\DATA\BE_DLO_log.ldf'. Diagnose and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation.

2. Cannot create file 'D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\DATA\BE_DLO_log.LDF' because it already exists. Change the file path or the file name, and retry the operation.

3. Cannot create file 'D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\DATA\BE_DLO_log.LDF' because it already exists. Change the file path or the file name, and retry the operation.

4. Database exception caught at line 460 of shadow\Server\consolesvc\consolesvc.cpp with error code 0x80040E14: ADODBError-_com_error: foundationerror=80040e14, comerr=80040e14, nativeerror=4294967295, conn=, query=, msg=IDispatch error #3092, src=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, desc=File activation failure. The physical file name "D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\DATA\BE_DLO_log.ldf" may be incorrect..

Note that the missing file referenced in the first error does exist, as pointed out by the second and third error messages.

At this point, the Desktop and Laptop option under the Backup Exec Tools menu was enabled, but I was unable to log in to the Media Server.

I downloaded and installed all available hotfixes, as well as SP1, via the LiveUpdate link under the Backup Exec Tools menu, to no avail.

I tried uninstalling the DLO option and reinstalling, to no avail.

I tried rebooting the server, to no avail.

I tried renaming the DLO datbase files and reinstalling, to no avail.

After trying all of the above, the Desktop and Laptop option under the Backup Exec Tools menu is no longer enabled, and Help \ About indicates that it isn't installed. However, if I go into the "Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server..." option under the Backup Exec Tools menu, DLO is checked, as if it's installed.

Has anyone seen this behavior in the past?

Does anyone have any ideas to get past this problem and get DLO functioning?

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Open Registry Editor & check HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\DLO\3.0\AdminService

Check the value of DataPath ...it should be pointing to the BE_DLO.mdf location & this should be at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\DATA..

J_Ziegler
Level 3

Thanks for the reply, but it looks to me like the registry keys aren't fully created. The problem seems to be that when I go through the install process, DLO does not appear to be installed. The Help \ About does not recognize it as installed, and the Tools \ DLO option is grayed out.

The only place the DLO appears to be installed, is when I go to Tools \ Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server. As I work my way through these screens, the DLO option is checked, as if it's installed.

Any ideas on how to get DLO installed at this point?

Joel

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Go to Tools - Options - Install Options & License Keys...Un-check the DLO option & proceed next with the wizard...

Once complete, follow the same process though this time, check the DLO Option & choose install

If the above doesn't work, perform a repair install of BE