cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Questions

John_Leaver_3
Level 2
Background:
I am running Veritas backup Exec 10.1 with the DLO add in (version 133B54A) on a 2003 server.
I'm using the DLO Network Storage Location, one stanard profile for all, one version kept, auto remove deleted files after 60 days. 7.5GB max Network storage space limit.

The following hotfix has been applied:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/281569.htm

First Problem:
I have about 200 DLo clients on approx. 4 different versions 132B22A, 131B64A ,133B40A and 133B54A. I had a problem with deleted files not being marked correctly for deletion in versions 132B22A, 131B64A ,133B40A this issue has been resolved in 133B54A. The problem i've found is that data previously backed up will remain in the DLO folder.

Before rolling out the latest version i've checked which users are close to the storage limit. Approx 20 are so i've manualy uninstalled the DLO software selecting to remove the Network storage data, rebooted and the reinstalled with the latest DLO client ( 133B54A). On all pc's that i've done this the DLO seems to be working fine, backups/restores on the user side work fine. But the users PC's are NOT being seen in the History or Restore tabs of the DLO console on the server.

Second Problem:

In the DLO console view when i select a computer under Setup, then computers. You see a Build Number. What is being displayed on some PC's is incorrect. Some i have manually upgarded to the latest DLO version but still show older versions in the DLO console on the server.
10 REPLIES 10

Michael_H_2
Level 3
John, we have the exact same problem with updated agents not showing up in the History or Restore tab of the DLO console. All our users who were on version 2.0.4 still show in the tabs, however anyone with version 2.0.5 (133B54A) fail to show up. If you find a solution could share it with us, and we will do the same. It appears Veritas does not know.

John_Leaver_3
Level 2
Michael,

No problem as soon as i have resolved this i'll let you know.

How did you upgrade your users from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5? I've used a varity of ways:

1) direct upgarde
2) Uninstall DLO client removing network user data folder + reboot, then install latest DLO client software
3) Uninstall DLO client removing network user data folder + reboot, and deletion of username on the DLO console on DLO server then install latest DLO client software
4) Uninstall DLO client removing network user data folder + reboot, and deletion of username and PC name on the DLO console on DLO server then install latest DLO client software

I have found none of the above steps show the clients in History and restore taps for clients using the latest version.

Also i can only get the correct Build Version under Setup, Computers on the DLO admin server by following step 4.

Michael_H_2
Level 3
We used all the methods you mentioned plus the dlocommandu -update command to upgrade a client once the agent reconnected. The majority were done by direct upgrade. All of ours do show the correct build in the DLO console no matter how we upgraded.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

After upgrading to BE v10.1, have you upgrade the dlo agents on the client machines?

Check an application event log for related errors.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

John_Leaver_2
Level 3
After upgrading to 10.1 the latest version of the DLO client is 133B54A. I am in the process of upgrading users from older versions of the DLO client to the latest one. What concerns me is any NEW USER or DLO CLIENT REINSTALLATION does not show in the History or Restore tab.

John_Leaver_2
Level 3
FYI

Symantec contacted me today. The recognise this issue. They said that a new DLO client will be available soon that will resolve this issue.

John_Leaver_2
Level 3
Symantec tell me that The latest patch : http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/283222.htm released today fixs this issue.

Colin_Plaw
Level 2
I had applied this fix (hotfix 30) and we still had users that did not show up in restore and history. It came right over time all by itself :) Most over 24 hrs.Message was edited by:
Colin Plaw

Michael_H_2
Level 3
...Message was edited by:
Michael H

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello John,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.