cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO creating new storage location problem

Solar3137
Level 2
Hi all,
This is my first time setting up DLO. I'm having a problem creating a new storage location. The backup device were using is a Netgear ReadyNAS NV, whch is share can be accessed by \\readynas02\dlo. when i'm attempting to create the storage location this doesn't  show when browsin and when I type it in manually, it asks for a drive letter, which the readynas has none. I'm also trying to do it by mapping a drive on the main server, assigning \\readynas02\dlo to the u:/ drive. when I try to do it this way, it says the path doesn't exist and ask if I want to
create it, if I say yes, it failes. I'm using version 11d by the way on a windows 2003 server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin
3 REPLIES 3

tech29
Level 6
Hi Justin,

Please check this document on how to create storage location on NAS.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/299622.htm

Regards,
tech29

Solar3137
Level 2
Hi thanks for the reply.

1.Validate that DLO 5.1 MP1 or later is installed:
I'm unsure of how to verify this

2.Ensure that the account credentials that are used for DLO services have full administrator rights to the remote storage location or NAS device.

The ReadyNAS device is setup in workgroup mode, so that it requires to credientials to access the shared.

3.Make sure that the volume desired to be used for DLO has been assigned a drive letter on the remote storage location or NAS device.

as far as I can tell from configuring the device and looking at the documentation, a drive letter can't be specified on the NAS, which was why I was attempting to go though on of our servers with a mapped drive to the device.

Please don't be afraid to tell me if i'm missing something obvious here, i'm just kind of stuck. thanks again for the reply.

-justin

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There is couple of things you have to check to make a storage location with 11d

1> You can't map a share as a storage location
2> You can only create a storage location on NAS if NAS has the drive letter
3> If your NAS doesn't proivde drive letter then you have to create the users and allocate them with NUDF. NUDF will work as storage location but you have to do it for all the users as you will not be able to create the storage location if NAS doesn't have drive letter.