cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO doesn`t work

kajtek
Level 4

Hi everyone. I`ve got a problem with Desktop Laptop Option feature. I installed feature from Tools > Install Option and License Keys on this Media Server. I checked Desktop and Laptop Option (5 users included), then Next button, again the same. In summary tab i see in Feature table DLO.

After that, I run Symantec Backup Exec, go to tools and I can`t clik Desktop and Laptop Option because is graeyed out. I restarted all services backup exec, restart server and the situation is the same. Can anybody have an solution ? Thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kajtek
Level 4

Solution is: remove from registry (HKLM > SOFTWARE > Symantec > DLO). After that reinstall DLO and evrtything works fine. Regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Dev_T
Level 6

Go to tools-->Install agents and options-->Select DLO and add the remote workstation

kajtek
Level 4

Attach

kajtek
Level 4

Look at the picture, I can`t click DLO to manage workstations.

On the test enviornment evertything is ok.

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee

I assume DLO has not been installed properly even though it shows that it has. Run through the install again. If DLO is checked, uncheck it, complete the installation wizard. This will uninstall DLO if at all there are some remnants present. After that, run the install wizard again and select DLO and continue with the installation wizard.

Hopefully after this, you should have DLO installed. Let me know how it goes.

kajtek
Level 4

I did as you wrote, the same situation as before. Any another ideas ?

Thanks for help.

kajtek
Level 4

Ok. Now I have DLO in Symantec Console (restart server help - after re-install), but i cannot to start DLO Administration Service > the error is: Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. Please help.

kajtek
Level 4

Solution is: remove from registry (HKLM > SOFTWARE > Symantec > DLO). After that reinstall DLO and evrtything works fine. Regards,