cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO interacting with Notes NSD.exe file

sysad
Level 3
We are piloting DLO & have noticed that there seems to be an issue with Lotus Notes.

What happens is, some (not all) users experience EXTREME performance issues shortly after logging into their systems occasionaly. The CPU sits at 100% with the majority being allocated to a file called NSD.exe (operates out of C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\NSD.exe). When we kill the NSD.exe process, everything returns back to normal, but it closes the DLO agent on their system.

We use Notes for a replicated database for our end users (no email, etc), DLO shouldn't even be backing any of it up & Notes it is present on most end user systems.

Lotus Notes Version 6.5
Symantec DLO Version 11D
Windows XP

Event logs on the client computers have no mention of anything related to this & I can't find any similar documented scenarios online.

Any insight??? We really need to tackle this before launch.

Thanks!!!
T
3 REPLIES 3

2L33t
Not applicable
I'm running DLO 6.1 mp3, notes 6.5 and I have noticed that DLO puts in a line into the notes.ini which causes our notes clients to have issues. The line reads:

Extmgr_Addins=nDLOLNEMFileWatcheru.dll

If there are only entries in the line, I delete the whole line and notes works much better. I actually signed onto this site to find a better solution for this problem.

Anyone know a better solution?

Message Edited by 2L33t on 06-09-2008 12:30 PM

nanefy
Level 2

I have exactly the same problem here.

We are trialling the DLO client and on some users machines the notes client wont open for ages and on others we get errors:

The system cannot find the file specified

Followed by:

A password is requested to access ID file

I had a look and have not found much online to be honest, however I did find this link, which points to the same two lines in the notes.ini file that had a major problem with McAfee AntiVirus. 

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/Scripting/Q_22602016.html

I am getting one of our users to do the following:

Change this:  EXTMGR_ADDINS=NCExtMgr,nDLOLNEMFileWatcheru.dll

to this: EXTMGR_ADDINS=nDLOLNEMFileWatcheru.dll

and also delete the following line:

AddInMenus=NCMenu

These are both in the notes.ini file which normally resides in the lotus notes application folder on the C:\ drive. 

I don't know if this will fix the problem, but its the best start I've got!

Hopefully someone else will have a better fix than this.

Ramon_Br_lisaue
Level 3

We use Backup Exec 11d with DLO 3.1.3 and we have problems with Lotus Notes too.

We have 814 clients and first, everything worked well.

Two months ago, our service desk received the first calls, that when users close their Lotus Notes it cannot be started again. We found several machines in our domain having this problem.

As soon as the DLO desktop agent is installed on those computers, Lotus Notes cannot be closed an startet again. If we uninstall DLO, Lotus Notes works fine, if we reinstall DLO the problem comes up again.

We found two workarounds to get Lotus Notes back to work:

1. Reboot the computer

2. Run "nsd -kill" to kill the Lotus Notes Processes and restart DLOClientu.exe

I debugged the DLO client process and I found out that DLO loads some Notes-DLLs.

On the other side, Lotus Notes loads the nDLOLNEMFileWatcheru.dll, even if I remove the Extmgr_Addins-Line from the notes.ini file.

We contacted the Symantec Enterprise Support, but we still don't have a solution.

Message Edited by Ramon Brülisauer on 02-25-2009 03:54 AM