cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO licence/console - unexpected error before closing

powersim
Level 2
Hi,

hope someone can help here.  We've got a server licence for Backup Exec 10.0 (service pack 4) and have the DLO option (which has been working fine for years).  I came into work this morning to see that my workstation's DLO Agent is disabled, as are my 5 colleagues'.

When I log in as administrator to the server and try to open the console I get the message:

"The VERITAS Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option licence is invalid.  Click OK to exit."

The DLO console screen then disappears again and I can get no more info, so I can't find out why this is happening.

I have called Symantec for an explanation and to verify that our licence keys are valid (they are).  This is all really weird, we've never updated the software and the server O/S is SBS 2003.  We got a new server over a year ago so this isn't a machine migration problem.

Help would be greatly appreciated, Symantec refuse to put me through to techsupport without a valid support contract, but they won't sell me a support contract because I bought a 'boxed product'.  Like I was supposed to know that at the time... :(

Thanks
Tim
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Hello Tim,

We  apologize for a delay in response.

As you are getting an error as "The VERITAS Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option licence is invalid.  Click OK to exit" while opening the DLO console, please try the following steps :

1) Remove the DLO licence from backup exec serial numbers and installation click Next make sure DLO is selected .. click install .... complete wizard.

2)Then come back to Serial numbers and installation and input the DLO license and finsih the wizard.

Please keep us updated about this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepali

powersim
Level 2
Hi Deepali,

thanks for that - I did as you said but when I remove the licence info and click next the DLO agent is marked with a red cross and is disabled.  I then go through the installation again and put in the key as instructed but it still brings up the same error.  It looks like its installed (it has a grey box next to it when i pass the licence key part of the wizard and leave the key in) but I still get that message...

I can send you a screenshot if you can give me a direct email.

Thanks

Tim