Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO profile problem

Deepak_jadhav
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi

This is Deepak,I am using Symantec Backup Exec 10.d with DLO option.We are using Windows 2000 Platform server & I have one queries is as follows .

Suppose two persons login in one pc. By default it creates two profiles ie Desktop & Laptop profile in my backup exec server. I put the Desktop profile . When first person login, DLO agent start at startup and it starts taking backup on the basis of profile . it create same name profile in backup exec server also. Then second person comes into picture when the second person login in same pc DLO agent run and start taking backup and that time already backed up file is again backed up by second persons. We dont want this. it also create second profile name in backup exec server but if you see the contents you got the same file in second profile. so my disk space also get more consume with the double file backup which was already backed up.

So please give me some solution on this problem
4 REPLIES 4

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Have you created profiles for the users? Do the 2 users in this case belong to the same profile? If yes, then only the selections specified in that user's profile will be backed up. You can configure the settings in the profile and avoid backing up the same file again to save space.

For more information on this, refer to the topic 'setting up DLO on page 1145 in the admin guide. Here is the link for download:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279401

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Regards.

Deepak_jadhav
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hello ,

Yes I have created 2 profles 1 is desktop & 2 is laptop profile.when 500 users are connected to this 2 profiles.In this case when 2 users login in same computer (i.e two different users) DLO backuped all the data for both the users as per the proflie so the duplication data will be created on DLO Server.

My Desktop profiles settings are follows
Desktop Users -:Backup Selection ( C,D,E Drive -include files *.doc,*.xls,*.ppt,*.nsf)

Deepak_jadhav
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hello ,

Yes I have created 2 profles 1 is desktop & 2 is laptop profile.when 500 users are connected to this 2 profiles.In this case when 2 users login in same computer (i.e two different users) DLO backuped all the data for both the users as per the proflie so the duplication data will be created on DLO Server.

My Desktop profiles settings are follows
Desktop Users -:Backup Selection ( C,D,E Drive -include files *.doc,*.xls,*.ppt,*.nsf)

Regards
Deepak Jadhav.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue..

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.