cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO revert back process after upgrade

RicohNorway
Level 5

Hi

I am planing to do a DLO upgrade which is the first part of the BE 2010 R3 to 2012 upgrade. So i am going from an integrated DLO within BE2010 R3 to DLO 7.0, and later 7.5. In regard to that, i wish to know how i can successfully revert back the process in case it is needed due to some issues i might experience. Would appriciate if someone could throw some light on this. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you'd need to get hold of your database at least for DLO on any version. Once you have this, you'd probably have to uninstall the current version, install the old version and point to the backed up database, and then reinstall all your agents!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

...you'd need to get hold of your database at least for DLO on any version. Once you have this, you'd probably have to uninstall the current version, install the old version and point to the backed up database, and then reinstall all your agents!

Thanks!

RicohNorway
Level 5

Are you serious, is it realy that difficult? Everything is fine but reinstalling all the agents is hell of a job. Where can i find the database for my DLO?

Is it better to back up the whole Backup Exec server itself with Backup Exec 2010, and then do a recovery with that instead?

CraigV

You can try that, yes. But then it will be a longer recovery. Also, if you upgrade to DLO 7 for instance and then upgrade the agents and have to revert, you have to uninstall/reinstall the agent version you are going back too.

Thanks!

RicohNorway
Level 5

Oki, Got it. But where do i find the DLO database, so i can take backup of it?

MusSeth
Level 6
Employee Accredited
By default backup exec dlo database directory is c:\program files \symantec \ backup exec \ data

RicohNorway
Level 5

I have already upgraded the DLO to DLO7.0 and did not end up in a stiation where i needed to restor or something like that, so thanks for ur help guys.