cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO setup failure

Gavin_Braithwai
Level 3
hi, I have BE 10 SBS with DLO running on Windows server 2003 SBS. I installed DLO on my XP pro SP2. It appeared to install correctly, but I could never get it to connect to the server. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall (including a system crash) and now can't install at all.

When I double click on setup.exe in the \\server\dloagent directory it a box briefly pops up (<1s) that says preparing to install, and then closes with no further action.
In the application event log I get "Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0" with an event id of 1015, and if I start verbose logging on msiexec I get the same error code.

I have tried registering msiexec, and install updated msiexec files from microsoft. Nothing works.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Gavin
6 REPLIES 6

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please check if the two servers can ping each other, also whther they are in the same domain.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Gavin_Braithwai
Level 3
I can ping in both directions using IP or UNC. One is the win 2003 server, the other is win XP. The server is running BE and is the domain controller. They are both in the same domain. I am using filesharing and can access SQL servers running on the target server.

Thanks

richard_watkins
Level 3
gavin

have a look in the dloagent share and look at the setup.ini file to ensure your DLOserver is named correctly

on the machine U installed DLOAgent on (failed) logon as the same user

open a cmd session run cd %temp%

dir dlo*.log

have a look in this file as it will help with exactly what dloagent was doing

post it back for the Experts from Vertias to debug

hope this helps

Gavin_Braithwai
Level 3
Thanks for the input. The Setup.ini file in the DLOagent share does have the server name correctly (although without any of the usual slashes).

Unfortunately I had cleared out my temp directories as an earlier attempt at solving this problem. Trying to run setup again causes the same problem, but I don't get any dlo*.log files generated. I have checked in both %temp% and the logfile directory specified in setup.ini.

Any ideas?

Gavin_Braithwai
Level 3
To add more information, I recently upgraded BE rev 5484. The original DLOagent installs were from the previous version. I uninstalled the original DLOagent to ensure that the version on the workstation was compatible (as suggested elsewhere on the veritas knowledgebase). Its at this point things came unstuck. Note that I have also tried this on a Win 2000 machine with exactly the same affect.

Gavin_Braithwai
Level 3
Don't know how I missed this the first time round, but genuinely surprised that no one at Veritas knew about it.......

Just delete the DLO directory in the agents folder and then repair the BE installation.

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?forumID=103&threadID=53374&messageID=4402082⮢