cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR4000 and Backup Exec 10d

RLCW
Level 2

I have a DR4000 and am trying to create a "Backup-to-Disk folder" from Backup Exec 10d on a Windows 2003 Server.  I have tried using a mapped drive in the path but receive the error "The system cannot find the specified path." If I use the UNC path containing an IP Address, I receive the error "The path contains an invalid character .."

I was able to create a "Backup-to-Disk folder" from Backup Exec 9 on a different server so I don't understand why I can't get 10d to work.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

While creating backup to disk you have mention using UNC path when I try gives me error

What happen if you access it by UNC way from windows like start -run-then accessing the path does it works 

Thanks

RLCW
Level 2

Yes it works, I can successfully connect to the UNC path from Windows - start, run.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

I presume on that server you have disabled firewall and that server is not like in DMZ ,if remote agent is already installed on that server then when you create b2d try browsing to that server and then try creating b2d and see

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why don't you create a TCP address in the HOST file and then use that, instead of the IP address?  That is, use something like \\mynas\, rather than \\192.168.1.1\

RLCW
Level 2

I have created a TCP address in the HOST file however when I use that, I receive the error message below.

"Unable to create new backup folder. Access denied."

The DR4000 is not a server, it is a Disk Backup Applicance so the remote agent will not get installed on it.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to add the BESA to the applicance with full admin rights.