cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Backup failed

biju_joy
Level 2

Dear Sir,

I am facing the below issue while I am running daily backup in the Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Windows servers;

"(Job: "Daily Backup") Daily Backup -- The job failed with the following error: To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 server. This package can be found on the Microsoft web site. "

Note: I already downloaded & installed the MAPI objects in the Exchange 2007 server, still I am getting the error message.

Please check & advice.

Thanks,

Biju Joy

E:biju.joy@merweb.com.qa

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I already downloaded & installed the MAPI objects in the Exchange 2007 server, still I am getting the error message

Have you installed the same version as BE reporting?

Have you installed the management tools on BE media server?

Regards..

EDIT: If the version of MAPI package which you already installed on Exchange server is correct and still the problem persists, then uninstall the package reboot the server and install the MAPI package again. And see if backup happens without errors.

From a TN: Note: GRT based backups cannot be performed if Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 are installed on the same server. This is due to a Microsoft limitation and applies to Windows 2003 server ONLY.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do you have the Exchange Management tools installed on the Backup Exec media server ?

BTW: Please note that only Exchange 2007 SP1 is listed in the SCL of Backup Exec 11d.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50180