cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily report sent to email

johndavey
Level 3

Is there a way to send the daily alerts report to an email address? Or instead of being emailed for every alert get a summary emailed every day? We geet about 100 emails a day and all o fthe admins have just created folders with rules and no one ever reads them. Our management wants emails for completed jobs which is kinda goofy but it is what it is. I would like to get one email a day with a summary. The canned alerts report would be perfect ir it could be scripted to just run/save and email. Thanks, John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BE_EPM
Level 3
Employee

Hi John,

There's a topic in chapter 19 of the Administrator Guide called "About scheduling report jobs and setting notification recipients". Here is an excerpt:

You can create a report job and schedule it to run at a specific time or specify a recurring schedule for a report to run. After you schedule the report to run, the report resides in See Upcoming, under Report Groups until it runs. After the report runs, Backup Exec moves the report into the report group named See Completed.

You can edit or delete any report that is found in the report group, SeeUpcoming by right-clicking the report name. You can also override the defined schedule and run the report immediately.

See "Running a report" on page 558.

See "Schedule options" on page 188.

You can also assign notification recipients to the report job just as you would for other Backup Exec jobs, such as backups and restores.

See "Configuring an individual recipient for alert notifications" on page 293.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BE_EPM
Level 3
Employee

Hi John,

There's a topic in chapter 19 of the Administrator Guide called "About scheduling report jobs and setting notification recipients". Here is an excerpt:

You can create a report job and schedule it to run at a specific time or specify a recurring schedule for a report to run. After you schedule the report to run, the report resides in See Upcoming, under Report Groups until it runs. After the report runs, Backup Exec moves the report into the report group named See Completed.

You can edit or delete any report that is found in the report group, SeeUpcoming by right-clicking the report name. You can also override the defined schedule and run the report immediately.

See "Running a report" on page 558.

See "Schedule options" on page 188.

You can also assign notification recipients to the report job just as you would for other Backup Exec jobs, such as backups and restores.

See "Configuring an individual recipient for alert notifications" on page 293.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

johndavey
Level 3

I found this...Should have looked first so nevermind. Thanks, john