cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data recovery from Mount Point backup

LFCNZ
Level 4

Hi

I am trying to restore an indivdual folder from a server that has mount points to drives on a NAS.

However you are only able to select to recover the whole mount point rather than individual files/folders(they are greyed out and wont let you select them).

Anyone know if there is any way around this? Don't really want to have to restore the whole mount point when I just need one folder off it.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should be backing up the NAS separately rather than following mount points.  Note that you need a remote agent licence to backup the NAS.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you backed up without following mount pounts you may have only backed up the reference to the mount point and not the content.

Also if you are going to remote mount disk storage I think we would recommend iSCSI (SAN technology over LAN) as a better option.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

A few of questions?

Is this a test of your backup solution or is this an urgent restore requirement? (if urgent then you may have to try retoring the volume)

What operating system (and file system if not WIndows based) is the mount point enabled on?

What operating system and file system hosts the location that is mounted?

What protocol was the mount point enabled over?

When you create a backup job does it let you select individual files inside the mount point or block you from expanding the selection at the mount point?