cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Maintenance fails - No DLO installed

DanTheDude
Level 2
Partner

I'm trying to resolve an error I'm seeing when database maintenance runs on a backup exec 12.5 server.  The error I'm seeing is:

Summary of database maintenance activity: * Saved contents of BEDB database Maintenance has failed: 10, Dump database failed

I've rebuilt the indices, repaired the database, repaired the Backup Exec installation, but still no luck.  When I manually kick off a Dump Database, I can see it succeed for the BKUPEXEC database.  It creates the .bak file and continues on to dump the DLO database, but that database does not exist on any server.  The service does not exist, the instance does not exist and the database does not exist.

Is there a way to configure database maintenance to exclude the DLO database when it runs?  DLO is not used in this environment.

Thanks,
Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Using the Backup Exec UI, choose Tools - Install options & license keys. Uncheck the DLO option & complete the wizard. (This will uninstall DLO)

Observe further occurences of database maintenance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Is there a DLO DB service still running? If so, try stopping/disabling it and try again.

Thanks!

DanTheDude
Level 2
Partner

There's no DLO DB service.  Honestly, I wouldn't have known that DLO was part of any configuration until I saw the dump database task trying to access that database specifically.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Dan, it might be worth your while opening a case with Symantec...they'd be able to edit this out of the BEDB for you.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Using the Backup Exec UI, choose Tools - Install options & license keys. Uncheck the DLO option & complete the wizard. (This will uninstall DLO)

Observe further occurences of database maintenance.

DanTheDude
Level 2
Partner

VJWare, that worked!  I ran a Dump Database command after removing DLO through the Install Options and License Keys and it completed without trying to hit the DLO database.

Thanks!