cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database or database element is corrupt

Level 3
W2k server with exchange 2K my backup version is 9.1 with the latest SP. Im getting multiple instances of Database or database element is corrupt.
7 REPLIES 7

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Take NT Backup and verify results.
You may also refer to the following technote

(title) Exchange 2003 backups fail with the error: "Database or database element is corrupt."

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265159

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Level 3
this is a W2K server so there is no shadow copy

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Two things that could cause this (same error, but different circumstances as yours)

1) Exchange event logs were held on a different server. Problem was the logon account did not have rights to the second server.

2) Logon account got corrupted somehow in current session. A reboot of one or both servers allows the logon account to work again.

The most common is the Shadow Copy one, but one of the two above issues may be similar to your case.

Level 3
exchange events on the same server, im backing up other servers with the same account and its a domain model with a domain backup account, rebooted the backup server and the exchange server, its windows 2000 server and exchange 2000 No shadow copy. Its wierd, anyway i put another server online with a new tapedrive and im not getting the error anymore. thanks guys

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Hello,

We want to know if your issue has resolved.
Please update.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the answered threads
pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

Aurel_Ardelean
Not applicable
Hi all,

I had this problem for ages and almost gave up. My Win2K3 Dell server was crashing due to a combination between BE9.0 and Mcafee ViruScan 8.0. After applying ALL hotfixes/patches/upgrades from Dell, MS, McAfee and Veritas I solved the crashes but not this particular issue. That was until I decided to disable the on-access scan from my ViruScan console and do a test backup like that.

It worked like a charm so here's the fix: you either disable ViruScan for the duration of the backup or configure the A/V not to access the shadow copy locations during the backup.

The problem I think, could occur with other A/V products as well.