cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-duplication option not available under configure storage

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6

Hello,

I am trying to configure the de-duplication option in Backup Exec 2014 but the option to create the disk storage location is not available.

When I go to Configure Storage > Disk-Based Storage I only get "Disk Storage" or "Import a legacy backup-to-disk folder".

The deduplication option has been installed and 2 vray licences have been purcahsed (which I believe comes with de-duplication).

Any ideas as to why it's not coming up?

Thanks

Peter Sheridan

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Is your media server 64-bit?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are the licenses installed  i.e. have you entered the product license keys (and not the maintenance ones) and completed the license install wizard ?

Does the media server have a dedicated drive for DeDupe (where a Disk Storage is not configured) ?

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6

Yeah it is Windows 2008 R2 64bit.

The licences are installed, not the maintenance ones.

The server has 3x2TB Drives in raid 5, but there are about 3 partitions on the drive itself. Could this be the problem?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can we go back to your licenses...

Do you have Backup Exec V-Ray Edition or Backup Exec Server license with add-ons? (such as Agent for VMware and Hyper-V).

Maybe you can tell us the descriptions on your license key certificates?

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6

I have purchased 2 x Backup Exec 2014 V-Ray Editions.

This is the licence description in the Licencing portal.

SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2012 V-RAY EDITION WIN 2 TO 6 CORES PER CPU I/O ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Licenses are 100% fine.

Other than checking Installation and Licensing in BE GUI, and then select Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server, and confirming that DeDuplication Option is selected, no other ideas...

I guess that you have restarted BE and/or the server just to be sure?

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6
Yeah the de-duplication option was already installed... Could it be the drive configuration ?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Drive config should be ok.. Try removing all the licenses so that BE gets in trial mode.

Do ensure the DeDupe option is installed in trial mode and check if you are able to configure a DeDupe storage or not. If yes, do so and then re-enter the licenses.