cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decommission Backup Exec server

Backup-Klutz
Level 2

Hi There,

I need to move all backup exec data from one server to another backup exec server. A corruption was found within the OS so this plus a number of other factors has led us to the decision to replace the server. We already have another server running Backup Exec with if own set of jobs, I want to move the jobs on the server to be removed to this one including catalogues, notifications settings, etc to this other server. As it stands it may be as long as a month until the replacement server is ready (long story!!! :( ) as the preferred option would be to move directly to replacement server.

I have looked around and have seen a number of articles with the procedure to move to another server but I believe that the procedures state will erase the current data on the server. Example seen https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100020224.html Does anyone know if it possible to merge databases or in some other way get the setting moved across without deleting existing data?

We have two servers both running Windows Server 2012 R2 and Backup Exec 15 (v14.2). Both backup to disk both have about 90 multi staged (G-F-S) jobs which backup to various locations depending on it use, retention time, etc. All in all, a real pain in the A#$£ to reconfigure manually, so hope someone can provide an easier answer :-).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right, Robot Sad.

Thanks for the confirmation and the fast respond. Guess what I will be doing this week.Man Wink

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Nope.  Sorry.  There is no way to merge two BE servers.

Right, Robot Sad.

Thanks for the confirmation and the fast respond. Guess what I will be doing this week.Man Wink