cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedupe folder not accessiable

Yan_Thung_Seng
Level 4

Dear all,

I have a testing BE 2010 R2 server for VM backup testing. Appearently it is not accessiable by backup job anymore. When I check the event log,

event ID 7023, The Backup Exec PureDisk Filesystem Service service terminated with the following error:
Access is denied.

When I try to restart the service manually form the services, the same error appear.

I have also remove BE and reinstall twice but same error right after creation of the dedupe folder. May I know what should I do now?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are you able to browse to your dedupe folder through Windows...?

Yan_Thung_Seng
Level 4

Yes, I am able to access most of the subfolders under dedupe storage and dedupe DB folder. Any specific folder to test?

thanks

teiva-boy
Level 6

More than likely the PD server account that is created during the dedupe folder creation is messing with things.

When you delete the dedupe folder from within BE, make sure to also delete the user accounts on that server related to puredisk or pd.

Yan_Thung_Seng
Level 4

thanks you but I don't find any PD related account at the local SAM. We used to have it at R1 but since we migrated to R2 there isn't like additional local account created anymore. The service is currently start with "local service" but keep failing.

regards

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Yan,

That could very well be your problem. BE's services must run under a domain service account.

The following services must run under that domain account:

Backup Exec Agent Browser

Backup Exec Device & Media Service

Backup Exec Job Engine

Backup Exec Management Service

Backup Exec Server

The following services would run under a local account:

Backup Exec Error Recording Service

Backup Exec Agent for Windows Systems

My suggestion would be to create an account with at least Domain Admin priviledges. Once done, open up BEutility.exe, go to All Media Servers and right-click your server, and choose Change Service Account... Put the details (domain\account / password x 2) into the blanks, and let BE do the rest.

Once done, see if you can access your dedupe folder again...