cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduplication screwed up, 999:1 went to 1.1:1

Dale_Mahalko_LH
Level 4

Previously I was getting 999:1 dedupe ratios with about 1.5 TB of free space, but then suddenly today it decided to do a 1.1:1 ratio and ate all my remaining free space on the deduplication storage.

Apparently somehow it managed to completely ignore the previous deduplication data and started over anew. I now only have about 300 gig free on the deduplication drive.

What happened, and how do I fix this.

(Also, I have no idea what the additional number means in the Storage column .. :1 :2 :3 :4 ....I have been sending multiple servers to a single deduplication drive.)

dedupe messed up.png

1 REPLY 1

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
Have you compared the job logs, the one where dedupe ratio was high and the one where it’s low. Can you attach them both. Are these client side backups or server side ? Any changes on file system or with the backup job settings ? Share the adamm.log from BE Install path\logs. Also attach the storaged.log from dedupe\log\spoold folder. Any errors in the event viewer ? Can you also get the output or crstats.exe —verbose —convert-size
Note - There is a single dash between convert and size. There is a double dash in front of verbose and convert. Run the command from command prompt -> BE install path

:1 , :2 etc are representing which drive dedupe used for backup. That should not matter for what you ran into. The media management (mounting, dismounting etc.)in backup Exec is managed internally like a robotic library so even for dedupe when concurrent job settings is let’s say set to 4 and if 4 jobs are run, each job will show up as using dedupe:1 , dedupe:2, dedupe:3, dedupe:4