cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Media Import Settings

Robyn_B
Level 2

Hi All,

I'm looking for a bit of advice and I'm hoping someone here can help me? I've Googled and Googled to no end :)

We have a reoccuring problem where our import media jobs do not complete in Backup Exec 2010, therefore queueing backup jobs. I'm just wondering if there's a way to change the default automatic cancellation settings for just media import jobs?

The media imports aren't scheduled jobs and often happen ad-hoc, so setting the cancellation option for each job may not be practical. The backups can take over 24 hours, so using the option for all jobs will not work either.

Idealy, I'd like the non-schedualed, import jobs to cancel after an hour, but other jobs to continue as normal. Can anyone suggest a way I could acheive this? Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,

Robyn

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

our import media jobs do not complete in Backup Exec 2010

Do you see any unattended alert in the Alerts tab of BE console.

Robyn_B
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your response. No unattended alerts, just all the normal stuff until "job missed it's scheduled start time" :)

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you pls confirm if the option to automatically display new alerts is enabled....Are there any errors / warnings under the event viewer ? lastly, pls check if this applies here ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH27473

Robyn_B
Level 2

Thanks, the issue with the import jobs is usually when more slots have been selected for the import job then there are tapes in the drive. We have different users importing tapes, so the process isn't always followed.

My question really is, is there a way we can fool-proof our imports so that when this does happen again, it doesn't cause our backups to queue?

Thanks!