Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay archiving in Backup Exec 2012

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

I have a question.

I set up an archive job to run in a volume of 10TB. As I had problem of execution, just dividing this volume. I made a backup of 1.5TB and gotten, started the archiving. The Archive and Backup is performed in the same storage. Backup is done with the Deduplication option. Job's average rate of 2.5 MB / min.

My doubt is that the archiving Job took one day to start. In the meantime, I believe that has been in process inventory backed up and then start the archive process. Now the job of archiving rate is below 1 GB / min (slow).

Is right or what can be done to improve?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

goodnight

after contact with Symantec support, the problem is in the procedure dedup + archive, and doing the archive dedup, you must assemble the entire structure of the backup, causing the slowness.

Another detail is to use the same volume for both. Recommended is doing in different volumes.

No more ..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

goodnight

after contact with Symantec support, the problem is in the procedure dedup + archive, and doing the archive dedup, you must assemble the entire structure of the backup, causing the slowness.

Another detail is to use the same volume for both. Recommended is doing in different volumes.

No more ..