cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell PowerVault 124T only seeing 8 slots

retro77
Level 3
I have a 124T and BE12 is only seeing 8 slots. This is a new installation on Windows 2003 64-bit.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I seem to remember a similar question quite a while ago, here on the forums, and IIRC, the solution was to use the management utility and enable the second magazine (or something like that)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

if you shut down all backup exec services, does NTbackup see the second magazine?

Does the Dell Management program see the second magazine? 

retro77
Level 3

NTBackup only sees the drive and not the slots. In device manager it is listed as "Unknown Medium Changer" [recommended from the REIS].

I don't have the Dell Management utility loaded.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I seem to remember a similar question quite a while ago, here on the forums, and IIRC, the solution was to use the management utility and enable the second magazine (or something like that)

retro77
Level 3

Nice work, Ken! I had to go into the web management and enable the other magazine. Even though I bought both at the same time, it isn't enabled. Once I did that and power cycled the library BE picked up all 16 slots.

Thanks for your help!!

Jakel
Level 2

I found one more step that you may not have had to do or may have not mentioned and that is that you will need to restart the BE services.  Of couse this would be done on a reboot of the server.  But just cycling the power on the PowerVault does not completely fix the issue.  You must restart the services as well.  Just wanted to update this for anyone else who ran into that problem after reading this post.  Thanks again for this helpful post.