cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference encountered in file data - Verify

Storm_Trooper
Level 3

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help with the following issue. I'm using Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 on a Windows 2008 R2 server, and getting the following error when backing up a SQL Database of about 270GB. The job runs to backup to disk folder on external usb drive and the error comes up at the Verify stage.

Difference encountered in file data.

The file $dbname is different.

I've also tried enabling the AOFO on the job and rerun the backup, but to no avail. Please help, as this is starting to drive me crazy..!!!

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check the TN below, and don't run the backup of the SQL DBs with AOFO turned on. You can split your backups from each other if you have data and DBs in the same backup. Read the TN below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH83058.html

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is the USB disk formatted for 4K sector sizes?  If so, then it is not supported by Server 2008 R2.  You need to reformat the disk to 512e sector sizes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check the TN below, and don't run the backup of the SQL DBs with AOFO turned on. You can split your backups from each other if you have data and DBs in the same backup. Read the TN below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH83058.html

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is the USB disk formatted for 4K sector sizes?  If so, then it is not supported by Server 2008 R2.  You need to reformat the disk to 512e sector sizes.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do ensure AV is not scanning the USB drive.

If Write Caching is enabled, disable it as well.

Storm_Trooper
Level 3

Thanks guys that worked for me. Did everything except disabling write caching, don't know where to do that, and the backup completed. Only first backup I've done with AV turned off, the rest completed with AV turned on, so weird...!

Thanks anyways...I know have a good week's backups...!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You should mark the post that helped you the most as the solution. If necessary, split the solution if multiple posts helped you