cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty configuring Dell PV122T

bigbenaugust
Level 3
I am new to BackupExec and having some difficulty configuring it with our Dell PV122T for our test installation. (I have a new install of build 7170 and lots of shiny new license keys, including for the LEO.) It seems that it either wants to treat it as a stand-alone drive OR a robotic library with no drive inside, but never both. I updated the drivers using be7170RHF16_32bit_290606.exe, and have run the Device Configuration Wizard and tapeinst.exe about 73 times. I've also tried to delete the device from Windows Hardware Manager and then reboot, to no avail.

Any info y'all have that might apply to this or our production library (a PV132T) would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

bboerst
Level 4
Do you by chance have this device attached to a RAID controller card?  I had some similar issues with my 132T when I had it attached to a RAID scsi card.  I switched to a non-RAID card and everything was fine.  This is actually a known issue that is mentioned in their HCL list.

bigbenaugust
Level 3
The card is an Adaptec 39160, which I believe is not a RAID card (but feel free to correct me).

What's strange is that since I ran the driver update, the machine refuses to see it as anything other than a standalone drive and not as a driveless collection of slots like it did before.

bigbenaugust
Level 3
I hate to reply to myself, but I feel stupid enough already, so why not (and so future generations can learn from this)?

Correct answer: There was a SCSI ID conflict between the controller and the autoloader. The controller was at 7 and the robot and drive were at 6 and 8 (I think). So I moved the SCSI IDs on the 122t to 4 and 5 and there you have it.