cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory Exclusions - SCOM

mitch_sprague
Level 4

I have one job that backs up a dozen or so servers weekly.  The servers all have Service Center Operations Manager agents installed and need to be added to the exclusions list.  From the job properties I see in the exclusions list the following details:

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Health Service Store\*.* /SUBDIR /EXCLUDE
C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Health Service Store\*.* /SUBDIR /EXCLUDE

Each line represents a single server.  They're all the same line, as the agents are installed in the same location for each machine, but if I don't add every single server the files and folders are flagged in the next backup that runs as files unable to be backed up. 

Am I doing this correctly?  Do I need to add a line for each and every server to exclude the exact same folder on each of a dozen machines?  Any input or advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

you can set up a global exclude --you can click on Edit--Mange selection list --select exclude ...

but this would be applicable for the new job you create . if you have already created the backup job you would need to edit the job to have that exclusion set .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

you can set up a global exclude --you can click on Edit--Mange selection list --select exclude ...

but this would be applicable for the new job you create . if you have already created the backup job you would need to edit the job to have that exclusion set .

mitch_sprague
Level 4

This is done through the selection lists and not through the policies?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

The edit option is not in policy , IN you backup exec console you need to click to Edit , which would be on the top , where you have file, edit, view ,tools etc  and then you go to mange selection where you can set global exclude. If you do it from selection list it would be just specific to that Job .

mitch_sprague
Level 4

Thanks very much RahulG.  I modified the global settings and will go back and remove the individual edits so we're approaching this from one place instead of a couple. 

mitch_sprague
Level 4

Thanks again for your assistance.