cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory is Invalid

Harry_Tirrell_2
Level 2
I keep getting these errors intermittently. Usually refering to a directory in "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders" The problem seems to lock on a particular directory for a few nights, then either changes to a different directory in the same folder or runs without error. A/ny one have a suggestion
7 REPLIES 7

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello Harry,

Which version of Exchange are you using?

a. Open Outlook with the Administrator-level account used to manage Microsoft Exchange Public Folders

b. Expand "Public Folders" and highlight the public folder that needs to be configured

c. Right-click on the Public Folder and select the Properties | Permissions tab

d. Highlight the account that is used to perform the backups of the Public Folders in the top pane

e. Under Permissions, use the Roles drop-down box to select the "Owner" role
and click OK

Please update us on the issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Harry_Tirrell_2
Level 2
Version 9.1. I will try your suggestions when I get in office. Although backups have run successfully now for 3 nights on the folder that was failing. Folder has not been updated since June 05. I am beginning to think it mar have been an exchnage issue.

Harry_Tirrell_2
Level 2
Sorry, wron version. Exchange 2003

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please check if this technote is useful.

(title) The directory is invalid" (a000fe09 HEX or e000fe09 HEX) is reported when a backup job fails

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266179

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Harry_Tirrell_2
Level 2
That technote didn't help, but 241981 did.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
hello,

Thanks a lot for the update! the thread will now be moved to the anwsered pool.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
241981 resolved the issue