Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory not found

Shahin
Level 6

Hi,

We have BE 20 on a server 2019, some of our jobs failed with the error

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found

The directory is there but it looks like that BE 20 is not able to brows that directoy othere sub directory in the same folder we can browse. when we browse that directory get this error ( see attachment)

We have also BE 15 in the same domain and we can Browse the same directory from BE 15 without any problem.

Any idea why BE 20 come up with this error?

6 REPLIES 6

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
Are you observing this with folders which has files which start with special characters ? Like a space , opening bracket, hiphen, tilda etc. if yes, can you remove these and test if you can browse

Thank you for your reply,

I did check the logs again and it looks like that 98% of the folders that cannot be browse or they have a Files that file name starts with:
!

Or folder name starts with e.g. (15173-1).jpg

Strange thing is that we browse problematic above locations from our BE 15 without any issue and also BE 15 backup them.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

I will run a test for both cases and let you know the results

I did run some tests,

Copied a (15371-1).jpg to a different location. this folder also has some subfolders that has (folder name) in it.I did first tried to brows it as it is and get the same error. after that removed the () from folder name and from subfolders and file names and try again to create a new job and this time I could browse the folder.

Then did run a test with folder that has ! in filenames and again I can brwose that folder as well.

Now we know the root case of this issue. we cannot rename all of the folders and files names this is just not possible.

Question remain is how can we solve this issue and why BE 15 has no problem but BE 20 has this issue?

Thanks

Gurvinder
I will revert back but would be nice if you can open a tech support case and cross refer this forum link.

It looks like that this has something to do with Agent.

To run a test I did install Windows agent on one of the problematic servers and after that I can browse the problematic folders with Hyphen or any character in folder or file name. Could it be this something related to the BE 20? I ask this becuse in BE 20 on the servers that have Windows agent installed I cannot see the shares on the servers only the Drives of the server.

Gurvinder
Seen this only with the share backups I.e without agent backup. If it is a supported windows OS, then better to install agent and backup.