cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory not found

Vdang
Level 4

I was able to add the machine, but during the process I ran into the following issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vdang
Level 4

Hello Pkh and VJware,

To answer your question we are not using a utility partition for this machine, and the drive letter were appropriately assigned to the drives. In addition, the system logon account was in that exact format as you described.

However, I am not sure what really resolve this issue for me, but at the time when this issue occurred I was trying to installed the BE agent onto a VM. I was using the Add feature to try and installed the agent, but I could not do so by browsing. Therefore, I had to manually installed the agent then established trust with the server and for some reason the Add feature started working again and this time it actually allow me to browse our network.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If this machine uses a utility partition, give the utility partition a drive letter and try again.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please ensure a Backup Exec system logon account exists in the format domain\user & appropriate permissions as per http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

Vdang
Level 4

Hello Pkh and VJware,

To answer your question we are not using a utility partition for this machine, and the drive letter were appropriately assigned to the drives. In addition, the system logon account was in that exact format as you described.

However, I am not sure what really resolve this issue for me, but at the time when this issue occurred I was trying to installed the BE agent onto a VM. I was using the Add feature to try and installed the agent, but I could not do so by browsing. Therefore, I had to manually installed the agent then established trust with the server and for some reason the Add feature started working again and this time it actually allow me to browse our network.