cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled accounts and Backup Exec

vivek_jain
Level 2
 Hello,
We have a few interns here and we disabled a few of the accounts as they are gone on vacation. When the backup kicks of at night the exchange portion returns errors and the backup fails. The errors being that the directory is invalid and lists the mailbox for the user that is disabled. Is there a way to make backup exec skip the disabled accounts?

Thanks for any help

Vivek
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

p_jean
Level 3
 hi vivek,

The only alternative to deselecting the mailboxes of disabled users is to create a bunch of dummy users and assign the mailboxes of the disabled accounts to them. See option 3 in http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/241981.htm

Hope this helps

Thanks
Jean

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to the selection list for the mailboxes and unchecked (deselect) the disabled accounts' mailboxes

Carls
Level 4
 Hi Viwek,
Are you backuping up individual mailboxes? If so, go to job setup, select your backup job from the list, then click on selections and uncheck the disabled accounts from under Microsoft Exchaneg mailboxes.

Hope that helps

Carl

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Carl,

Didn't I said that???

vivek_jain
Level 2
 hi, thanks for your replies.
I am backing up the store as well as the Mailboxes, yes. I know I can go in and remove the individual mailboxes but this also means that once they are re-enabled that I should be going back in and checking them. I was hoping that there was another way of telling backup exec to skip the disable accounts.

I have them unchecked as of right now I was just looking for a better way of doing this, as I can't seem to find one.

Carls
Level 4
 Not sure if their is a way to tell backup exec to skipped disabled accounts. As you probably know it is good practice to review your backup procedure on a regular basis, so I usually take advantage of that situation to review my enitre backup scope.

Carl

p_jean
Level 3
 hi vivek,

The only alternative to deselecting the mailboxes of disabled users is to create a bunch of dummy users and assign the mailboxes of the disabled accounts to them. See option 3 in http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/241981.htm

Hope this helps

Thanks
Jean