cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover the content of an LTO Tape

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

We have an old backup of 6 TB that was done as a one-time full backup a few yeras ago and contain 5 lto 5 tapes

we used the ADBO when the backup was done

We want to find out which data is located on each tape

i have inserted the tapes and Catlog the tape

But, when i go to each tape info and seleting Restore, it shows ALL the backset and not just the specific tape content

how can i find out which data os locating on each tape?

Thanks

Dori

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can use the Catalog Tools utility - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH222803.html

Secondly, if you double-click the tape from the Storage tab, there would be an option to view the backup sets which would show which data is present on that specific tape.

dori_bashan
Level 6

If i double click the tape in the Storage tab, i see a backup set that conation all the data from all the tapes.

Must be related to the ADBO i think

I will try the Catalog Util

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If your backup set spans a couple of media, then right-clicking on any media will show the contents of the entire backup set, regardless of whether ABDO is used or not. This is by design. Using CatTools will not tell you which file is on what tape. There is no way to do this. Why do you need to know which file is located on which tape?

dori_bashan
Level 6

I got a client that needs to get a list of which contecnt is located on which tape

So, i must restore the data from each tape each time to get this info?

I remember that there is a checkbox that i need to un-check that will tell BE not to auto-mount the next tape in the set. correct?