cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in file sizes...

ChiBriMicro
Level 3
Partner
I've been using OSBE for about a week or so and I've noticed that the offsite backup file size is significantly smaller than the file size of the backup created by the original backup job. Is this unique only to OSBE or does this happen with all duplicate backup jobs? Can anyone tell me the reason that the duplicate/offsite job is so much smaller than the original/local backup job?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ted_Migdal
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Thank you for pointing this out. Also, thank you for solving the issue for us. For the benefit of the other forum members I'll explain what we were looking at. It seems the larger number was the size of the uncompressed data in the backup selection. The size reported for the online backup job is the compressed size. After further investigation we found that the online backup size matches exactly the size of the backup file created by the local backup.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ted_Migdal
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Thank you for pointing this out. Also, thank you for solving the issue for us. For the benefit of the other forum members I'll explain what we were looking at. It seems the larger number was the size of the uncompressed data in the backup selection. The size reported for the online backup job is the compressed size. After further investigation we found that the online backup size matches exactly the size of the backup file created by the local backup.